Monday 7 January 2013

I'm Beginning To See The Light

He Goes:

Well, it's a new year, with only 351 dancing days left until Christmas. Resolutions and me have never got on particularly well, so I will think of this more as a wishlist than a resolution, something to remind me what I'm lacking. 

What I want to do:
  • Get "The Chase" down pat, so that it's something I can just throw in occasionally when I'm with a partner I know also knows it.
  • Learn the Tranky-do.
  • Get better at following a few basic steps.
  • Perfect my basic leading so that my leads are clear and relaxing even to first time dancers.
  • Be able to break the dance floor ice even when I'm dancing in places where I know no-one.
How I plan to do it:
  • Practise before class.
  • Practise at home at least once a week.
  • Follow at least once a night (I see synergy with Spoon's Resolution 7...)
  • Dance with beginners and concentrate on my posture and arm positioning.
  • Grow a pair!
It may be the new year and the break in dancing, but I feel like I've plateau'd a bit recently. I've not yet learnt five percent of all there is to learn, but in order to improve I have to make myself ready to learn it. Hopefully this list will help me focus on what to do next.

Courage Wolf doesn't make resolutions...

She Goes:

Merry newness to you all! I hope you had a good break? Did you do much dancing? I really missed my regular nights, but I went to some killer socials.

So, a new year. Lets talk dance resolutions! This year I will;

  1. learn the big apple
  2. dance somewhere outside the uk that isn't NYC
  3. keep a better posture when getting down
  4. nail super fast swing outs
  5. sample more blues and balboa to help my faster and slower dances
  6. take breaks while social dancing so I'm not struggling at the last hurdle
  7. increase moves and confidence in my leading
  8. learn at least one aerial
  9. take steps towards teaching
  10. ...and performing

Exciting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment